Reah's Blog | Education, Language, Technology

Countries Filipinos Can Visit using their US Permanent Resident Cards

By on Jun 15, 2011 in Travel | 6 comments

Once Filipinos become US Permanent Resident green card holders, there are 11 countries and territories that they can travel to without applying for a tourist visa to enter as long as they carry with them their valid US Permanent resident cards and Philippine passports (some countries have more restrictions). As I’ve understood, Conditional Resident card holders are not considered legal US Permanent residents since the next application in the process is for Permanent Residency. But the card they get says Permanent Resident. Anyway, the places abroad Filipino card holders can visit are: Country / Territory Restrictions Official Webpage Embassy Phone Numbers in the USA American Samoa None – US Territory +1-808-847-1998 Bermuda Up to 180 days (days unverified) See bottom for Exceptions +1-202-588-7800 British Virgin Islands Up to 30 days – UK Territory(days unverified) Official Page In case of doubt, please call the UK phone numbers+44-207-355-9570 +44-207-355-9572 Canada Up to 180 days Visa Exemption Information and Entry Requirements +1-202-682-1740 Cayman Islands “Provided that they travel directly from the US to Cayman Islands. On arrival they must show their valid national passport, valid US Permanent Resident card, and a roundtrip ticket to the United States.” – Entry Requirements – Press Alt+F on the page and Find Green Card UK phone number:+44-20-7491-7772 Guam None – US Territory Guatamela Up to 30 to 90 days +1-202-745-4952 +1-202-745-4954 +1-202-745-3873 Mexico Up to 180 days(days unverified) Information for US Permanent Residents +1-202-728-1600 Netherlands Antilles Up to 30 days Use the Visa Inquiry Form at the bottom and Choose Caribbean Netherlands +1-202-2445300 Panama “Citizens of Philippines holding a valid visa or permanent residency from ONE of the following countries: USA, United Kingdom, Canada, Australia or any of the member countries of the European Union, which has been used at least one time to enter those countries, may enter the Republic of Panama by purchasing a US$30.00 tourist card upon their arrival at the Tocumen International Airport in Panama.Applicants entering Panama by land or sea, should obtain a visa from the nearest Embassy or Consulate of Panama before traveling. ” – Visa Information PageTravelDocs– non-official page  +1-202-483-1407 +1-202-483-8416 Taiwan “Citizens of Philippines with a valid US Permanent Resident card or a valid US visa, must apply for an Authentification Certificate through the Taiwan Immigration Agency website. The certificate is valid for 30 days and multiple entries.” Visa Exemption Information +1-202-895-1800 +1-202-895-1885 +1-202-669-0180 US Virgin Islands None – US Territory...

Filipinos Getting US Tourist Visa | Philippine Passport Holders

By on Jun 8, 2011 in Travel | 156 comments

The Philippines is not included in the Visa Waiver Program of the United States. Thus, Filipinos who hold Philippine Passports are required to apply for a Tourist Visa to enter the US. Below are my answers to some questions frequently asked when Filipinos want to travel to the US. 1) What is the probability for a Filipino to get a U.S. Tourist Visa / Visitor Visa? Filipinos’ chances to get a tourist visa for the US vary from one person to another. Filipinos need to prove during the application and interview process that they will not become a burden once they arrive in the United States, have good intent, and will travel back to the Philippines. The consuls will approve the visas or not based on the applicant’s situation, documents presented, and answers during the interview. There are even some circumstances that the they will deny the application without the interview process. 2.) What documents do I need to prepare for my application? You need to fill out the form for non-immigrant visa application, a valid passport, and one(1) 2×2 photo. Aside from these, you need to provide: A letter or documentation for why you will visit United States Proof that you intend to leave the United States because of your strong ties to the Philippines or current country of residence (Such as letters of certifications from your current employers showing your position and length of tenure, property titles and other registrations for possessions [house, cars, business], photos of families staying in the Philippines, and other documents to show your commitments in the Philippines or country of residence [organization membership]. In case of students, school registration certificate, grades, and proof of  parents situation, and student’s long-range plans in the Philippines.) Proof that you are financially capable to stay in the United States (such as copies of your bank statements for the past 6 months, credit card statements, copies of pay stubs, income tax returns). If you do not have any, provide letters (and if possible financial documents) from people funding your stay in the US. Letters of Guarantee of you departing US do not make you highly qualified for a tourist visa approval. It will still be going about your strong ties to the Philippines (education/employment, properties, families). Birth and/or marriage certificates Remember: The documents vary from one applicant to another, so just think of what documents you can show that you have good intentions and will plan to go back to the Philippines or your current country of residence. 3) Does it look bad if someone else pays the Visa fee for them? I don’t think so. My then-fiancee, now my husband, paid for my visa fee. But this can still be a case-to-case basis. 4) If I did acquire the U.S. Visa, what would be the length of time I would likely be granted to stay in America? There are different types of visas and length of time depends on the visa you applied for. My visa to get to US was Fiance/e Visa, and this allowed me to stay in US for 90 days to get married. Other type of visas are B-2 Tourist Visa and B-1 Business Visa which both allow holders to stay up to 6 months. 5) Is it better or worse to send a letter of invite for that person to present while interviewing for the Visa? Sending documents with your application and during the interview that support your reasons for going to the US is always advisable. During the interview, only present these documents when asked. 6.) I just want to travel to Hawaii, do I need to still apply for a Tourist Visa? Hawaii is one of the 50 states of the United States; although it is an island away from the main land, same rules apply, you need to apply for a visitor visa.  Same rules when you wish to travel to Guam and Puerto Rico since these are territories of the United States. 7.) Where else can I get more information about Tourist visas for entry to the United States? Check the pages of frequently asked questions in the website of US Embassy in Manila and in the US Travel State...

86 Countries US Citizens Need a Tourist Visa

By on May 29, 2011 in Travel | 4 comments

Afghanistan Angola Armenia Australia Azerbaijan Bangladesh Bahrain Belarus Bhutan Bolivia Brazil Burkina Burundi Cambodia Cameroon Central African Republic China Christmas Island Comoros Congo Democratic Republic Cuba Djibouti Egypt Eritrea Gabon Gambia Ghana Guinea Guinea Bissau India Indonesia Iran Iraq Ivory Coast Jordan Kazakhstan Kenya Kuwait Kyrgyzstan Laos Lebanon Liberia Libya Madagascar Maldives Mali Mauritania Mozambique Myanmar Nepal Niger Nigeria Norfolk Island North Korea Oman Pakistan Palestine Panama Papua New Guinea Paraguay Philippines (over 21 days) Qatar Russia Sao Tome Principe Saudi Arabia Sierra Leone Somalia Sri Lanka Sudan Suriname Syria Taiwan (over 30 days) Tajikistan Tanzania Thailand (over 30 days) Timor Leste Togo Turkey Turkmenistan Uganda United Arab Emirates Uzbekistan Vietnam Yemen Zambia...

How to know if you need a tourist visa?

By on May 28, 2011 in Travel | 2 comments

One of the most visited post in this blog is the post, Countries Filipinos Can go to Without a Tourist Visa . This article is a follow-up for that post to show you how I was able to come up with the 36 countries in the list. I actually used the tool from a website that time, which really helped me saved me time. The website’s name is Please watch the video below to see my tutorial.

Green Card Received in the Mail

By on Jun 9, 2010 in Travel | 0 comments

I did not update about what happened to my Green Card application, but I already got my green card 11 days ago. I guess the reason it almost arrived more than 30 days after my interview is because they were releasing a new design.

Green Card Not Yet Received

By on May 23, 2010 in Travel | 2 comments

It’s almost a month since my interview and I did not receive my green card in the mail yet. The last mail I received from the immigration is their letter welcoming me to the US. Then the last notification or last status on my online notification account in USCIS says that they have ordered the card for production. That was 10 days ago. I wonder what happened to my card. Because that was the second time they said my card was ordered for production. I am not complaining. I am really just wondering. Maybe the department assigned for card production was so busy since USCIS has a new ID system for the green card.