My article written less than two years ago on how to pass the licensure exam for teachers received a lot of comments especially on where to find reviewers online. Since I’m not aware of any site dedicated to LET reviewers, I listed below foreign educational websites which can stand as your reviewers if you want to study on your own. You will find lessons, quizzes, practice tests, and videos in the list. This list may actually be helpful as well to other graduates taking other exams from PRC since they may also have to answer General Ed questions.
Disclaimer: These are foreign based websites I found informative and helpful on self-studying. Use these websites to relearn concepts from grade school, high school, and college. Some concepts may be new to you since quality of education tends to vary by location, but please try to be resourceful if you don’t understand one concept. Use Google to find websites relevant to topics you may need help understanding more. Remembering concepts and analyzing data well will help you pass the licensure exam for teachers (and common sense will guide you along the way). So practice and practice. There are instances though that enrolling in review centers is best for you.
Pointers to Review
- View PDF – General Education Pointers to Review
- View PDF – Professional Education Pointers to Review
General (English, Math, Science)
- Quizlet – Flash cards,vocabulary memorization, and study games.
- StudyStack – Flashcards to help you study on Biology, Chemistry, Earth Science, Physics, Physical Science, English. They have a lot of medical flashcards too which will be helpful if you are reviewing for a nursing exam or something related.
- Math and science videos – These are free!
- SAT practice test questions – SAT is a college admission test in US. Just keep practicing answering foreign tests and your analytical skills will improve.
- Video tutorials on how to answer SAT questions – LET is actually a tricky test. Get some insights on how to solve questions by watching the videos. Please stay still because I thought it was just audio with the black background. Something is actually in there when the professor starts explaining some sample problems.
- Video tutorials on Science and math classes – You need to sign up or connect with Facebook, but the videos are free to watch.
- Free video lessons on English – You need to sort these videos and see which lesson you need.
Education-Specific (Only topics that I can remember)
- History of Education
- Philippine Curriculum Development
- Mother-tongue Based Multilingual Education (MLE)
- Batas Pambansa 232
- Child Development on Scholastic.com – A section with tons of articles on child development according to age. Each age group’s development are categorized by reading, language, physical, social & emotional, creative, and cognitive.
- Common Teaching Methods
- Assessment – Includes functions of assessment and domains of learning
- Wikipedia Teaching Methods
- Multiple Intelligences and Learning Styles
- Bloom’s Taxonomy
- Bloom’s Taxonomy – again
- Wikipedia Education in the Philippines
- History of the Philippine Education System
- Culture of the Philippines from Wikipedia
- Principles and Methods of Teaching (free scanned book from Google Books)
- Educational Technology from Wikipedia
- Human Development
- Erikson’s Developmental Stages
- Piaget’s Cognitive Stages
- Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs
Gen. Ed. English
- English Words List
- Sparknotes – Browse this site if you want to review literary notes.
- Grammar topics
- Theory of Literature – May be helpful for English teachers. A series of classes from Yale University. This is free.
- English proficiency test
- Test You English – Questions you can solve online or answer on print.
- Vocabulary Games – This site does not only have games. I suggest that you read articles on how to pass TOEFL, GMAT, SAT, or GRE tests. Yes, they are foreign related exams but tips from these articles will improve your analytical skills on answering vocabulary questions.
- English tests – They have different sets for beginner, elementary, intermediate, and upper intermediate.
- Free Reading Comprehension Worksheets
- ACT Critical Reading practice test
Gen. Ed. Math
- Math Vocabulary – Aims to explain the basic Math terms so students fully understand the concepts behind it. You can either have a vocabulary test or listen to the audio meanings or play games. You also have the option to print tests.
- Memorize math concepts – This one is cool. If you have a hard time memorizing terms this site helps you do that. The list have Fractions and Percentages, Factoring Integers, Slopes of Lines, Geometry, Algebra expressions. Well, there’s more just look and see if you need help memorizing in Math especially the formulas!
- Math Expressions – You should visit this! This site contains lessons on perimeters, volume formulas, formula for area, interest formula lessons, types of angles, and triangles.
- MathTV.com – Video tutorials on math.
- Webmath – “Webmath is a math-help web site that generates answers to specific math questions and problems, as entered by a user, at any particular moment. The math answers are generated and displayed real-time, at the moment a web user types in their math problem and clicks “solve.” In addition to the answers, Webmath also shows the student how to arrive at the answer.“
- AP Calculus prep test – I don’t think there’s calculus questions but this may be helpful for those who will teach Math.
- IXL Math – The link goes to the 5th Grade section where you need to refresh your memory on fractions. However, browse the site more for math lessons from 6th grade to eight grade (equivalent to third year high school in the Philippines).
- Higher math tests – Practice tests for algebra, trigonometry, calculus, and geometry. Owned by BBC.co.uk.
Gen. Ed. Science
- Physics for Kids
- Free Physics Video classes from Yale University. You can also choose to download the audio if you just want to listen to it.
- Free Organic Chemisty classes also from Yale University
- SAT Physics review from SparkNotes
- ACT Science Reasoning practice test
Quiz / Tests
- Water Quiz
- States of Matter Quiz
- Biology Quiz
- Acid Base Quiz
- Electricity Quiz
- AP Biology example test
- AP Chemistry diagnostic test
- Chemisty practice tests – Include tests on periodic table and structures and properties of elements, the world of carbon, chemical reactions, and calculations.
- Physics quiz – From the same site as chemistry practice test.
- Science Kid Physics
- Basic Savvy Physics Quiz
- Quiz on Heat
- Quiz on Friction
- Quiz on Laws of Motion
- Quiz on Radiation
- Energy of Motion Quiz
- Work Quiz
Gen. Ed. Filipino
Gen. Ed. Economics
- Economic lessons from SparkNotes
Gen. Ed. Social Science
P.E (some teachers)
- Teach PE – Free resource for physical education and sports coaching
Please also check: